Many people can win their DWI cases in Texas. You might think that your case is hopeless, but my experience over the past 30 years as a DWI defense attorney tells me otherwise.
The first step after a DWI arrest is to believe that you can win your case. No matter how bad you think your situation is, I’ve probably seen clients with far worse circumstances who successfully fought their DWI charges.
Many people assume that they could not win their DWI because of one or more of the following factors:
- They were extremely drunk.
- They failed the sobriety tests.
- Their breath test was over the legal limit.
- Their blood test was over the legal limit.
- They caused a major accident.
- They ran into a police car.
- They mixed alcohol with medications.
- They couldn’t remember anything that happened that night.
While it is true that difficult facts make it harder to win your case, difficult facts do not make it impossible to win your case. I have personally contested and won at least one DWI case with one or more of each of the factors listed above. Hundreds of other lawyers have won similar cases. I have won literally hundreds of DWI cases where the officers testified that the defendant failed the sobriety tests. Don’t assume that your case is hopeless. You can’t possibly know that until you talk to a real DWI defense attorney!